TRAVEL REIMBURSEMENT POLICY
- All air travel on WSAVA business will be in economy class, unless another class is less expensive.
- Airfares should be booked as soon as travel dates are confirmed to take advantage of advance discounts. A less expensive non-refundable fare should be selected over a more expensive refundable fare unless there is a real possibility that the travel may be cancelled.
- The economy class ticket need not be the least expensive, but should be for the most convenient, direct flight with the least delays in route, on a suitable and safe carrier. Airlines on the EU list of banned airlines https://ec.europa.eu/transport/modes/air/safety/air-ban/index_en.htm are to be avoided.
- The traveler may upgrade the economy air ticket to a higher cabin class either through the use of frequent flyer points or cash at personal expense
- The traveler may also select an airfare to allow stopovers, early arrivals, delayed returns, or alternate routes. However, the reimbursement will be based on a pro forma invoice from the carrier airline showing the economy fare for the most convenient, direct route. The actual invoice of the alternate fare purchased must also be presented.
- One piece of checked personal baggage can be claimed, when using an airline that charges for checked baggage. Extra bags and excess baggage charges will not be reimbursed
Up to a maximum of U$ 750 travel within the region of the congress
Up to a maximum of U$ 1500 travel cross continents
Any airfare or combination of fares over the above amounts must be pre-approved by the core PCO organizing the congress. If pre-approval is not sought, full reimbursement cannot be guaranteed. While due consideration will be given to travel expenses incurred on WSAVA business, reimbursement will be assessed on the reasonableness of the claim.
- The congress will not cover per diem expenses.
The Congress has confirmed an airline alliance with LOT airlines.
Tickets will receive a 14% discount if booked between September 17 to October 2 by entering the code LC-07R2020.
Discount will apply to STD and FLX fares used, round trip or one way in all reservation classes,
Discount will not apply to promotional and special fares,
Tickets may be issued in Economy, Premium Economy or Business Class and shall be governed by the rules and conditions of the applicable fares booked;
Discount will not apply to all applicable taxes and surcharges;
Discount is not eligible in tandem with corporate discounted fares, senior citizen fares and youth fares, agency discounted, industry discounted and any other type of discounted fares;
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, we kindly recommend you wait until the situation clears up before booking your flights OR book flights that can be refunded\changed.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the congress secretariat at: email@example.com