KoiPrax 3: “Koi Ulcer Disease and Aeromonas species: Current Clinical Presentations, Diagnostic Resources and Treatments”
The Workshop has been postponed until further notice.
For more information, please contact J.M. Tepper, Meeting Chair, at email@example.com.
One Health And Animal Welfare And Wellness Committee Workshop
Pets and Domestic Violence as a One Health Issue – Veterinary Community Response Plans
Workshop participation is free of charge, but places are limited. Details about registration will be available soon.
The workshop is aimed at veterinarians, social services, domestic violence groups, prosecutors, victim support services.
8:00 – 8:30
Registration, Continental breakfast
8:30 – 9:00
The Link Between Animal Cruelty and Domestic Violence
9:00 – 10:00
Managing Suspected Animal Cruelty and DV in Veterinary Practice
10:00 – 10:15
10:15 – 12:15
DV Pet Response Plans: UK Perspective
- Paula Boyden: Links Group and Dogs Trust
- Freedom Project
- Links Veterinary Training Initiative
12:15 – 1:15
1:15 – 2:15
DV Pet Response Plans: USA Perspective
- Madeline Bernstein: President SPCA Los Angeles
- Animal Safety Net Program
2:15 – 2:30
2:30 – 3:00
Legal and Prosecution Considerations for DV and Animal Cruelty Cases
- Madeline Bernstein: former New York Animal Cruelty Prosecutor
- Opportunities for Legal and Prosecution Efforts
3:00 – 5:00
- all speakers, invited partners