INSTRUCTIONS FOR INVITED SPEAKERS
WSAVA/FECAVA Virtual Program may be seen here.
We will contact you with further information and guidelines according to the virtual format of your session.
Dedicated links for submitting your proceedings notes and questions have been sent.
STRUCTURE: After a short introduction by the Moderator, Speakers will take turns to present with their camera on, sharing their screen with their PowerPoint presentation.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR A LIVE SESSION?
- Finalize your presentation as per the guidelines below.
Format: Your presentation should be prepared in.PPTX format.
Ratio: The aspect ratio of your presentation should be 16:9. Guidelines on How to change the size of your presentation may be seen here.
Layout: For live session presentations – Please keep the top right corner of your slides, free from title, text or images, as well as the bottom right corner (to avoid being hidden by your camera and other images)
The presentation template can be downloaded here.
- Join a Rehearsal Session.
In order to familiarize you with the virtual platform set for your stream, you will be invited for a technical rehearsal in due course.
You will receive an email request with options to join one of several technical rehearsals OR dates to join a specific rehearsal, depending on your stream type. Please note that the rehearsal session can take up to 1 hour although are usually finished in less time. Note rehearsals take place approximately 2 weeks before the congress.
- Join the Live Session.
Detailed instructions will be available soon.
Important: You will be sent login details to access and complete a Publication Consent Form – it is MANDATORY to complete this consent form if you would like to participate as a speaker in the congress.
Your presentation will be available for all registered participants on the WSAVA/FECAVA virtual platform and on the congress website for 3 months following the congress. If you are not willing to share the presentation for 3 months, please inform the secretariat by 11 March 2021 and your presentation to be removed after the congress.
We will contact you with further information regarding your participation in the virtual congress in due course.
STRUCTURE: After a short introduction by the Moderator, pre-recorded lectures will be projected according to the program schedule. Participants will be able to submit their questions via the Q&A feature. After having all presentations displayed there will be a live, moderated Q&A involving all presenting Speakers.
- Technical instructions on how to record your talk and to book a recording slot will be sent out at a later stage.
- Please note that you will be sent login details to access and complete a Publication Consent Form – it is MANDATORY to complete this consent form if you would like to participate as a speaker in this congress. Please complete this prior to recording your talk.
IMPORTANT: PowerPoint Presentation Guidelines:
- Please note that your slides must be finalized and ready on the day of your recording.
- Please ensure that the presentation slide deck is 16:9. Guidelines on How to change the size of your presentation may be seen here.
- The presentation template can be downloaded here.
- We recommend that you label all slides that include unpublished data with a title: “UNPUBLISHED DATA – DO NOT COPY OR DISTRIBUTE”.
DURING YOUR PRESENTATION RECORDING:
- There will be a dedicated technician assisting you during the recording of your session.
- Please make sure that you do not record longer than your allocated time in order to avoid being asked to re-record.
- On the day of the zoom recording session, please make sure you are ready:
- Quiet Environment: Please make sure that the room you are using is quiet (avoid disturbances such as phones ringing, dogs barking etc.) and try to ensure no one will interrupt you while you are recording.
- Neutral background: Make sure to sit in front of a neutral background (white, uniformly colored wall, or similar, avoid bright backlight such as a window). Please do not use artificial background features.
- Presentation Open: Please have your PowerPoint presentation open on your laptop/PC.
- Join the Recording Session: At the time of your session recording, you are invited to enter the Zoom link that was sent to you and meet a technician (virtually) who will guide you through the recording of your presentation.
Please note that your presentation will be accessible from the virtual platform and the congress website for 3 months after the congress to all registered participants. If you are not willing to share the presentation for 3 months on the platform, please inform the secretariat by 11 March 2021 and your presentation to be removed after the congress is over.
- You will be invited to attend a technical briefing for a live session at a later stage. Please ensure you attend one briefing.
- Following the briefing, all relevant information will be uploaded here for easy reference.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com .
Proceeding submission deadline: 4th February 2021
Please note that we will provide you with a dedicated link for uploading your proceedings in due course.
We do not require Proceedings notes and questions submission for 90 minutes lectures.
Recommended Browser: Internet Explorer 9 (or higher) or the latest version of Firefox/Chrome or Safari browsers on PC or Macintosh
Title: BLOCK CAPITALS
Institution Address: centered, email of presenting author
Length: Not more than 3-4 pages (1500 words maximum), including figures and references, per presentation, which shall be representative of the full text of the lecture (not an abstract).
References: presented in Vancouver style (Vancouver Style) (Maximum of 10 references)Diagrams, Tables, Drawings: Line drawings, charts, and graphs are welcome. All illustrations must be in black and white and as sharp as possible.
Photographs, radiographs, or ultrasound reproductions are not permitted.
In case you need more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.